Leverage Lab is a six-month program that facilitates cross-sector collaboration in order to address shared industry challenges and improve social and environmental impact, productivity, and brand.
After spending 13+ years working with business leaders to improve their practices, we have learned three things:
- Businesses can implement real, lasting change that benefits the business, the employees, AND the environment.
- Big change requires smart collaboration with the right people under the right circumstances.
- The importance of experienced facilitators, the right resources, and systems of accountability in pushing systemic boundaries to change business in a way that benefits everyone.
what do participants actually do?
Leverage Lab involves three phases.
- Leverage CAMP - with 60 other carefully selected businesses (2015 focused on the textile and hospitality industries).
- Leverage COLLABORATION - with 5-7 industry leaders, to meet 3 times over the course of 6 months.
- Debrief celebration - to share progress, solutions, and lessons learned
- Systems thinking
- Feedback outlets
- Deepening of relationship with other like minded organizations
- Innovation and collaboration opportunities on projects related to identified challenges
- An opportunity to create large scale impact that affects regulation and infrastructural barriers
- Leveraging opportunities in tackling common challenges together and at a fraction of the cost
- A continued sense of camaraderie with like-minded individuals
- Shared expertise and referral opportunities
- Recognition and showcasing opportunities
What does it cost?
Thanks to the support of our valued partners, we are excited to announce that the cost to participate is only $449 per business for the entire six-month process.
- All participants must sign up for the entire 6-month durtion. Exact dates will be determined via Doodle once participants have committed
- ALL VANCITY BUSINESS MEMBERS ENJOY A 50% DISCOUNT BY EMAILING firstname.lastname@example.org FOR THE PROMO CODE.
What sets the Leverage Lab process apart?
Its dedicated facilitator, whose role it is to:
- maintain momentum within each Lab from month to month
- generate common language around shared problems
- conduct research between meetings
- develop safe spaces with established ground rules
- set an intention to solve common problems over the six-month duration
- hold the group accountable to their shared tasks and commitments
Once a lab has completed their six-month cycle, they are brought together with our community partners to share lessons learned, gather feedback, and celebrate their successes.