It’s a six-month facilitated program that helps businesses collaborate around shared industry challenges to improve social and environmental impact, productivity, and brand.
After spending 13+ years working with business leaders to improve business practices, we learned three things:
- Businesses can implement real, lasting change that benefits the business, the employees, AND the environment;
- Big change requires smart collaboration and getting the right people together under the right circumstances;
- With dedicated, experienced facilitators, tools, resources, and a process that includes accountability, we can truly push systemic boundaries to change business in a way that benefits everyone.
So, what do participants actually do?
Leverage Lab involves three phases.
- Attend Leverage CAMP with 60 other carefully selected businesses (2015 focused on Textiles and Hospitality industries) and form a COLLABORATIVE with five to seven other businesses to tackle a shared challenge.
- Meet once a month for a half-day facilitated workshop (6 workshops in total for each COLLABORATIVE).
- Attend debrief celebration to share progress, solutions, and lessons learned
- A continued sense of camaraderie with like-minded individuals
- Shared expertise and referral opportunities
- Recognition and showcasing opportunities
- Blind spot identification
- Feedback outlets
- Deepening of relationship with other like minded organizations
- Innovation and collaboration opportunities on projects related to identified challenges
- Having large scale impact together to affect regulation and infrastructural barriers
- Leveraging opportunities in tackling common challenges together and at a fraction of the cost
What does it cost?
Lab fee per lab session
What sets the Leverage Lab process apart?
Its dedicated facilitator whose role it is to:
- maintain momentum within each Lab from month to month
- generate common language around shared problems
- develop safe spaces with established ground rules
- set an intention to solve common problems over the nine month duration
- hold the group accountable to their shared tasks and commitments
Each business is required to commit to the entire six month process allowing the solutions to evolve over time.
In past Leverage Labs, we’ve seen a minimum of three to four solution prototypes to the group’s shared challenges, and with each iteration the solutions become more more defined and more effective.
Once a lab has completed their six month cycle, they are brought together with our community partners to share lessons learned, gather feedback, and celebrate their successes.